Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

Like most Americans and others around the world, we have been watching history in the making today as Barack Obama was sworn in as our 44th President. While I certainly (absolutely!!) don't agreee with his policies, I can certainly understand and respect the significance of this day. We watched the ceremony as part of school today, and the kids asked many questions. They've decided that they want Brad or me to become President so that they can live in a house that has a bowling alley, swimming pool, and movie theater! :) Silly kids! And Riley added that she has heard "too much!" about elections, rallies, Presidents, and politics in the past few months!

And of course, what would a day be without a funny line from Quinn? We were listening to Rick Warren give the prayer and about halfway through the Lord's Prayer, Quinn said "Hey mom - that's a pass I do in basketball!"

"What are you talking about, Quinn??" I asked.

"That man just said 'chest pass ' and I do that in basketball."

I tried to keep a straight face as I told Quinn that Rick Warren had just said "trespass," not "chest pass." Though they do sound similar! :) I thought my kids knew the Lord's Prayer; I guess we still need to work on it with Quinn!

No comments: