Friday, November 7, 2008

You Say It's Your Birthday . . .

Today was my birthday! Yay! I had a great day with my family and enjoyed the day. We usually take school off when it is anyone's birthday (in the family!), but we decided to still have school today and do our school work. The kids were great for school and we got a lot accomplished. We are currently studying Europe and spent today learning about Norway. After that, we met my parents and Brad for lunch at Casa's (a local Italian restaurant - yum!!). I received some nice presents from my family (thanks!).

My sweet husband surprised me by telling me to enjoy an afternoon out and he would take care of the kids (including gym class) and straightening up the house. Yay! I headed off for a relaxing afternoon of reading & browsing at Border's, followed by shopping at the mall (thanks for the shopping money, Addie!), and getting my driver's license renewed (oh for joy! At least it was a good photo day!).

After hanging out with my family at home later on and opening presents (thanks, babe!), the five of us headed out for dinner. Very good! The kids wanted to go out for ice cream afterwards, but because Owen was starting to get fussy, we simply came home and had homemade sundaes for dessert! Much easier! I also came home to hear my favorite niece and nephew singing for me on my answering machine - too cute! Finally, our family spent some time playing games (of my choice!) and we played until I won. :) Yes, it took several games!

Thanks to all for my birthday cards, facebook comments, and gifts! I am especially thankful for my friends & family!

No comments: