Monday, September 29, 2008

Pardon the Interruption . . .

For this political post. :)

I love politics. I enjoy debating. I love hearing other's views and sharing mine. I'm a Christian-Conservative-Right-Winger, but also lean very strongly towards Libertarianism. (Not sure where you stand or what your views are called? Take this very, very short quiz to find out.) I want LESS government involvement and MORE personal responsibility in this world. Go figure. It's really not that complicated!


I'm disgusted (like many) at Washington D.C.'s role in the current banking "crisis" and wish they would let capitalism run its course. Yes, that means companies will fail. Yes, people will lose money (ummm....that's why stocks are still called "high-risk," "low-risk," etc...it's still a RISK!). Yes, many will be unable to get loans. GO FIGURE. Many people have been borrowing and spending more than they should anyway. God even told us in the Bible that borrowing is bad.

I compare the bailouts to parenting. As parents, we commonly hear that kids need to fail. They need to learn from their mistakes. Parents should not coddle their kids. We should let them learn and grow and not hover. It's the same way in our economy! Unless we allow companies to fail, they will not learn from their mistakes and we will be right back where we are now in the future.
If you are confused about what's going on in our economy currently, I would love to answer your questions. Even respectfully debate with you if you feel differently. :) One of the best things I have read on the subject comes from Joel Stein, a writer for the LA Times. I agree wholeheartedly with his column. You can read it here - and don't worry, it's very understandable even if you don't understand what is going on. :)

No comments: