Just so you know what makes me tick. :) And because I am way behind in posting! Let me know which fact # surprised you most about me!!
1. I love life.
2. I love God and thank Him every day for the life, health and family I've been given.
3. I had a fantastic childhood.
4. I once had a splinter in my backside from scootching along the bleacher seats in fourth grade.
5. It was about an inch and a half long.
6. I stepped on a sea urchin in Barbados while on a mission trip.
5. To get the spines out of my toes, the native hospital put hot candle wax on my toes, let it harden, and peeled off the wax, thus pulling out part of the spines.
6. There were 13 spines in my left foot.
7. They applied hot candle wax to my toes multiple times.
8. I don't like shots.
9. I really, really don't like going to the dentist.
10. I have an amazing husband who is an awesome father.
11. We have three great kids.
12. One was a surprise. :)
13. I wish we had more kids.
14. I am eternal optimist.
15. I love to read.
16. We homeschool.
17. I've been married since 1998.
18. Eighteen is my favorite number.
19. Three is my husband's favorite number.
20. I don't think my kids have favorite numbers yet. :)
21. I slept with a stuffed, white teddy bear until I went away to college.
22. I graduated with honors from Slippery Rock University.
23. Yes, there is such a school.
24. No, it is not in Arkansas.
25. I organized a group of women to play Bunco and we loved it but no longer meet.
25. We didn't know know what to call ourselves - "Bunco Babes?" "Bunco Bimbos?"
26. It was really just an excuse to eat and talk and eat and laugh and talk some more (and eat some more).
27. I love my friends.
28. Everyone in my family likes to cook and watch Food Network.
29. Especially Ace of Cakes.
30. I like control.
31. I can be bossy (goes with the control thing).
32. I have been working very hard to be more submissive to my husband.
33. Yes, it's Biblical.
34. And no, he's not making me. :)
35. He doesn't have control issues. :)
36. I am a Certified Athletic Trainer. A medical professional.
37. Nationally certified, state licensed and everything. (Well, I was....but I just recently let it expire because instead....)
38. I chose to be a mommy & NOT go back to athletic training. Ever.
39. I stay home and teach my kids.
40. It's much more fulfilling. :)
41. And I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock! (Even though I do most days.)
42. I met my husband skiing. He fell and grabbed my boobs. He says it was an accident.
43. I don't think so. :)
44. I love the Steelers. (If you don't follow football, just know this: the Steelers are five-time Super Bowl champs!)
45. Yes, I really understand football and can follow the game.
46. Baseball, too.
47. I got great lessons from my cute hubby. :)
48. I scrapbook.
49. I wish I made more time to scrapbook.
50. I absolutely love to snuggle with my kids.
51. We are a (mostly) one-income family and because of this, I like making our money s-t-r-e-t-c-h.
52. I like to save lots of money.
53. But it would be fun to win the lottery. :)
54. Too bad I don't play!
55. I've traveled to almost all of the 50 states.
56. And France, England, Mexico, Canada, Barbados and Wales.
57. Mostly due to family vacations growing up.
58. I really want to go to Africa.
59. And Alaska.
60. I can say the alphabet backwards.
61. Quickly! "Z, Y, X, W, V, U....."
62. I like to use my laptop.
63. And blog - though I don't do it enough!
64. I love politices.
65. I'm not a fan of Democrats.
66. Or socialism.
67. I believe capitalism works and is best for our society.
68. I like to budget our money.
69. I enjoy listening to Dave Ramsey and hope to see him live someday with Brad.
70. I don't mow.
71. I enjoy raking leaves and trimming shrubs.
72. I hate pulling weeds.
73. I love getting mail and sending cards.
74. My birthday is November 6th.
75. Really, it should be a national holiday. :)
76. I am very fortunate to have both of my parents still living, as well as three of my grandparents.
77. I like logic.
78. I love logic puzzles.
79. Especially Sudoku!
80. I rarely do dishes, but...
81. I do laundry nearly everyday.
82. I plan to go back to work someday.
83. I just can't figure out what I want to do - I love everything!
84. I love the smell of freshly washed kids.
85. I love family events and spending time with my extended family.
86. Are you still paying attention? If so, thanks for reading this far!!
87. I place a high value on honesty and don't like being lied to.
88. I also place a high value on committments and following through on your word.
89. I read too much. (Is that possible?)
90. I especially love magazines - everything from Newsweek to People to Mothering to Above Rubies.
91. One of my favorite things to do is go out to eat with family or friends and spend time chatting!
92. I'm very thankful that I live in such a homeschool-friendly area.
93. But I really wish I lived somewhere more beautiful (like Colorado, Utah or Washington!).
94. I'm addicted to Facebook.
95. I've been with my husband for over 13 years. Still goin' strong...
96. I used to be a camp counselor.
97. I lettered in band, speech and football in high school!
98. I'd like to live in a home in the country.
99. We are working towards that goal as a family. :)
100. I wouldn't trade my life for anything!
Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad Wrap
5 hours ago